Re: [hylafax-users] Fax Hardware Compatabilty

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 11:38:31AM -0800, shaun arral wrote:
> Can HylaFax talk to these modem cards:
> digi:
>  DataFire RAS
> multitech:
>   MultiModemISI

At the moment, faxgetty and faxsend both expect something that speaks
the AT commands set and Class1/2 protocol over an ascii stream on a
character device.  To be slightly less technical, they're written to
deal with a faxmodem.

I don't know whether either of those devices (which I believe are both
multiport doodad's, right?) present that sort of interface.

If not, you could either modify their drivers (assuming you're on
Linux/*BSD) or modify those two programs -- I can't speak to how well
modularized they are against this sort of necessity, though.

I know there's been some support done by someone for some German ISDN
fax modems; details are somewhere in the mailing list archive, but I
don't know where.  Search for ISDN.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink