Re: [hylafax-users] installing on Mandrake 7.2

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 07:29:28PM +0100, Victor M. Moreno wrote:
> I am about to install hylafax on Mandrake 7.2.
> This distro use the new xinetd instead of the all inetd.
>
> Is there anything special I have to do in order to install hylafax?
> Any special package (rpm) for mandrake 7.2?
> Any special documentation for mandrake 7.2?
> Any one have installed hylafax of mandrake 7.2?

Hmmm... I can't think of anything except syntax, between the two
inetds... but it doesn't matter anyway: HylaFAX isn't customarily
*started* from there.

It's usually started from an init.d 'service script'.

So far as I know, those are the same.

If you're planning to install from an RPM, things will probably work
ok, but there may be some small problems around the edges -- unless
your Mandrake is substantially newer than the RedHat the RPm was
built for, in which case you may have shared-library availability
problems.

I'd recommend checking out a current CVS (instructions on the
website), and compiling from scratch.  I've done it three times now,
and it's not really that hard; and there are many useful patches in
CVS that haven't gotten RPMd yet.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink