Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFAX error log attached

At 08:07 AM 1/29/01 +1100, Howard Lowndes wrote:
>I wouldn't call it very crusty.  From the web site:

>June 30:RedHat-6.x RPM based on recent CVS
>                  hylafax-4.1beta2-8rh6.i386.rpm now available.
>
>The problem is that I am still running RH6.x on this particular box.
>Still I will update anyway.

>> >Jan 26 22:05:41 cwsvr FaxQueuer[11397]: HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.1beta1

Hmm... I may be a bit confused, but if you installed the
hylafax-4.1beta2-8rh6.i386.rpm then there's something quite wrong, as your
log files are saying 4.1beta1 (shown above).  Also, the web site is wrong
with the date on that.  Darren must have done a search-replace without
noticing it.  But the 8rh6 RPM was released at the same time as the 2rh7
RPM was, and it uses CVS that is as current as CVS gets (since no commits
have been made since).

If you are using 8rh6, and had used 4.1beta1 before, then it's possible
that the missing init scripts in 8rh6 are the cause of the contradiction
and confusion on my part.

>> I don't know what the init problem is, but you *could* start with something
>> a bit newer, you know.  Try CVS:  http://www.hylafax.org/cvs.php

Unfortunately, the init scripts aren't installed by that 8rh6 RPM file, and
I would recommend that you either install CVS (which is why I recommended
it earlier), or that you grab the 2rh7 SRPM alter a few of the dependencies
and version numbers to match your system and build the RPM from that (if
you know how to do RPM building).