Re: [hylafax-users] Setup Instructions

* Jeff Foster <jfoster@bmcinteractive.com> [20010125 00:30]: writing on the subject '[hylafax-users] Setup Instructions'
Jeff> Hey~
Jeff> Can anyone point me to a good set of setup instructions.  I want to set up a
Jeff> Multitech MT1932ZDX modem on a FreeBSD 4.1 OS using Hylafax-4.1beta2.  I've
Jeff> gone through the instructions at http://www.hylafax.org/setup.php & tried
Jeff> to follow the Slackware Linux Installation at
Jeff> http://www.hylafax.org/howto/install.php#ss2.4 , but when it says to edit
Jeff> the etc/setup.cache & /etc/inittab files as shown below, I cannot find them

Hi Jeff,

I run HylaFAX on 4.2-STABLE and those files are for Linux.
Once you've installed Hylafax and run faxaddmodem, you need to make sure that:

o	You edit /etc/ttys to setup faxgetty to listen on a tty and you do that by adding these lines.

#Necessary for HYLAFAX modem setup
cuaa0   "/usr/local/sbin/faxmodem"
cuaa0   "/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty"      dialup  on

If your modem is on COM2 , change cuaa0 to cuaa1

Next make sure HylaFAX is started at system startup time:

o	cd /usr/local/etc/rc.d
	mv hylafax.sh.sample hylafax.sh
	chmod +x hylafax.sh

Of course I am assuming that your config.cuaaX (where X=0,1 depending on your COM port) is already
configured.

The rest that you see on that page is Linux-centric stuff.

I use Hylafax mostly for sendout for www.tpc.int

maybe you should look at www.cybercomm.nl/~hylafax/setup.php and read through /~hylafax/setup-advanced.php

HTH

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza

Better to know the answer, than to live with the question. -Jason Q.