[hylafax-users] missing RECV send MCF (message confirmation)

hello,
I have 2 machines with HylaFAX 4.0pl2 and 2 Multi-Tech MT2834ZDX B's on
each of them.
The problem is that one server just hangs after
:RECV recv EOP (no more pages or documents)
: --> [2:OK]
the faxgetty process hangs and that modem is useless until I kill the
process.

The other server (which LOOKS to have the same config) receives fine...
it gets the
:RECV send MCF (message confirmation)
and continues normally.

If anyone has any clues as to where I should be looking to solve this
problem
I would greatly appreciate it.

Robert

P.S. I have tried with different modems, different ports, reset modem to
factory,
used setup in the MT2834ZDX FAQ (the one about the S38 reg etc.).