Re: [hylafax-users] faxrcvd => Fax send per Mime E-Mail

>Hello,
>
>I try to send incoming Fax as an mime-codet tif File per E-Mail.
>So i changed bin/faxrcvd to:
>
>--cut
>         echo ""
>         echo "--$MIMEBOUNDARY"
>         echo ""
>         echo "Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name=Fax.tif"
>         echo "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64"
>         echo "Content-Disposition: attachment; name=fax.tif"
>         echo""
>        $FAX2PS $FAX Fax.tif 2>/dev/nul
>         echo ""
>         echo "--$MIMEBOUNDARY--"
>
>--cut
>
>where
>FAX2PS="/usr/bin/uuencode -m"
>
>But i dosn't work.
>Can anybody tell my why ? (Im a beginner to understand the mime encoding
>!)
>
>Thanks
>Thomas

Hi,

	the problem is that you specified base64 encoding but fax2tif output
	is not encoded.

	I use a little Perl script to make this conversion. I think there is
	a better way to do it, but this work.

Bye

Miguel Sanz

faxrcvd:
         echo "--$MIMEBOUNDARY"
         echo "Content-Type: image/tiff; name=$FILE"
         echo "Content-Description: FAX document"
         echo "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64"
         echo ""
         bin/base64 $FILE
         echo ""
         echo "--$MIMEBOUNDARY--"