Re: [hylafax-users] DTE-DCE data underflow (code 43)

> You would be the first person that I know of who uses HylaFAX with an LT
> Winmodem.  LT Winmodems are software modems, not hardware, so I don't know
> that there is such a thing as "hardware flow control" for a winmodem.

I use the LT 5.68 driver for linux (although it requires 400kb of memory, it
surely works fine). The driver supports a quite compatible AT set (default
hylafax config file works perfectly)..never had problems with it. It even
works perfectly with hardware flow control and talks perfectly with all fax
machines I tested (+20). Unfortunately it's integrated in my pc...so a can't
take it to the production sever :-(

Anyway...
The modem I have problems with is an external MultiTech MT56000ZDXe, someway
it's not accepting hw flow ctrl in hylafax (it does data communications with
hw flow ctrl though). Maybe there's some undocumented "feature" wich is
acting up :-)

> Nah, you want to use Class 1.  HylaFAX code for Class 1 is better than
> Class 2/2.0, anyway.  If you dig through the archives, you'll see lots of
> discussion on Class 1 vs. Class 2, and I think that the general consensus
> is that most people will be better off in Class 1.  Such has been my
> experience.

Ok, thanks for the advice, I'll take a look at those discussions.
I did some testing today with the MultiTech in Class1-xonxoff settings, and
it looks quite stable (I did some large faxes at high server loads).

Grtz