Re: [hylafax-users] cannot receive faxes

At 09:05 AM 1/18/01 -0500, Michel Donais wrote:
>O/S : Sco openserver 5.0.4
>Hylafax v4.0p13
>Modem: multitech MT5600zdxv
>
>I changed my modem flow control rts/cts for xon/xoff and got a better result
>but I still cannot inbout faxes or data calls.
>
>The log tell me I found a signal 15 before hanging up; what is a signal 15?

       Signal     Value     Action   Comment

       SIGHUP        1        A      Hangup detected on controlling terminal
                                     or death of controlling process
       SIGINT        2        A      Interrupt from keyboard
       SIGQUIT       3        C      Quit from keyboard
       SIGILL        4        C      Illegal Instruction
       SIGABRT       6        C      Abort signal from abort(3)
       SIGFPE        8        C      Floating point exception
       SIGKILL       9       AEF     Kill signal
       SIGSEGV      11        C      Invalid memory reference
       SIGPIPE      13        A      Broken pipe: write to pipe with no
readers
       SIGALRM      14        A      Timer signal from alarm(2)
       SIGTERM      15        A      Termination signal
       SIGUSR1   30,10,16     A      User-defined signal 1
       SIGUSR2   31,12,17     A      User-defined signal 2
       SIGCHLD   20,17,18     B      Child stopped or terminated
       SIGCONT   19,18,25            Continue if stopped
       SIGSTOP   17,19,23    DEF     Stop process
       SIGTSTP   18,20,24     D      Stop typed at tty
       SIGTTIN   21,21,26     D      tty input for background process
       SIGTTOU   22,22,27     D      tty output for background process

(from 'man 7 signal') As for why it's doing SIGTERM ... I don't know.
Generally this happens because of an error in one of the programs being run.