Re: [hylafax-users] Win-PS driver -> LPD -> Hylafax

Johann Sijpkes wrote:

> Hello All!
>
> I'm having severe problems, connecting Win clients to Hylafax
> using the lpd/faxfilter solution. The script is up and running fine,
> however, the PS prints are garbled in a way that each character is
> printed on a separate line. See the output-snippet for the text
> "Faxno: 375001"
>
> <start>
> 220 257 M
> .45 0 (F)A
> .2 0 (a)A
> (x)S
> .2 0 (no)A
> .1 0 (: )A
> -.8 0 (3)A
> .2 0 (750)A
> -.8 0 (0)A
> .2 0 (1)A
> <end>
>
> This ouput is generated by MS-Word2K but also by
> Wordpad. I'm using the newest Adobe PS driver in
> compatibility mode. In fact, I tried almost any
> setting but the output still stays the same.

That is normal PS output but there is not header. Did you cut header by editor or that is as is?
If there is not header try set printer's option "download header with each print job".
Set spool option "Disable bi-directional".

I use Win98&Office2000 but not lpd.

Try use FILE port and then manually put PS output to lpd port.