[hylafax-users] debugging options

Gentlemen,

I have a hylafax system set and running and running fine
(thanks to some of you). I can "manually" (i.e. with
command line sendfax commands) send and recieve the
faxes without a problem. Now I want certain
authomatization.

I have wrote a simple script in python, copied it into
hylafax bin folder as faxrcvd and made all the
permissions the same as the original faxrcvd had. The
script file starts from #! /usr/bin/env python and can
be executed from the command line (I checked it)

Then when I send a fax to myself, it is recieved, the
log/c00000031 (for example) file says (at the very end)
that bin/faxrcvd is executed and lists all the command
line arguments correctly. In the same time I can see no
actions associated with my script on my system (the
scrypt was supposed to copy the recieved faxes to
certain folders). If I do something like:
/var/spool/fax/bin/faxrcvd "recvq/fax00008.tif" "ttyS0"
"c00000031" ""
as root (the arguments are taken from the log file),
then my script works fine and does the job.

Accordingly, I have the following questions:

1) are there some "nontrivial" properties a faxrcvd file
should have to be executed by hylafax?
2) can I get more debugging information from hylafax to
see what kind of problems I have? Where is stdout of my
script, for example?
3) every time in order to check how this script works I
have to ask somebody to send me a fax. It is lame. Is
there a way to trigger the event "by hands"?

Thanks