Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax-4.1beta2-8rh6.i386.rpm missing init script

At 10:32 PM 1/14/01 -0800, Jon Wright wrote:

>Earlier in the month, there was a thread (excerpts below) about the RH rpm
>missing the Hylafax installation init script.
>
>I ran into the same problem; may I please get a pointer to the missing
>script?

Get the rh7 RPM file and pull the init script out of there.
(/etc/rc.d/init.d/hylafax)
Follow the good installation instructions at:
http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2001-01/msg00023.php

If you run into trouble, you could always compile CVS rather than RPM:
(although using RPMs on an RPM-based system is always wise for consistency)
http://www.hylafax.org/cvs.php

Also, if you're using RPM4, you may want to give the rh7 RPM a try.  Has
anyone tried using the rh7 RPM on a rh6 system?

Let me know if this is of no use to you, and... I'll do more.