[hylafax-users] hylafax kills crontab and freezes solaris server

We have hylafax-v4.0pl2, solaris 2.6, a multitech mt2834zdx modem, and a US
Robotics sportster 0459 modem.  About once a week, but on a completely
random basis, our unix server freezes and we have to reboot.  Every time
this happens there is either a very recent sendfax command or a
communication with the modem (comm file in /var/spool/fax/log).  The first
detectable symptom is that crontab stops submitting jobs. Slowly over an
hour or two, other services start dying, such as databases, web servers,
telnet etc.

David Roberts
Government of British Columbia, Canada
david.roberts@gems4.gov.bc.ca