Re: [hylafax-users] Answering a data call

>On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 12:40:25PM -0500, Dennis Favro wrote:
>>     What hardware/software/settings do I need to have in place to get a
>>  data call handled by a faxgetty processed properly?  I've got
>  > Faxgetty answering calls, but only in fax mode.

>You've got what you need. Just place the correct entry in /etc/inittab
>ie)
>DO:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty [port]
>
>and modify the 'GettyArgs' setting in /var/spool/fax/etc/config.[port]
>to work (hint %s must be an entry in /etc/gettydefs)

   I'm using OpenBSD, not using Linux. :)  Sorry, should've made a
point of that.

   Faxgetty's line in /etc/ttys looks like this:  (I've included the
entry for tty00 as a reference)

#name	getty				type	status
tty00	"/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"	unknown off
tty01	"/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty"	unknown	on

   In /var/spool/fax/etc/config.tty01, I can guess it should be either:

GettyArgs:	"unknown %l"

   ..or:

GettyArgs:	"std.%s %l"

   I was wondering if the modem (USR Sportster 14400, Class 1 only:
yes I know...) needs to support adaptive answer or be set on or have
+FCLASS set a particular way for answering/idling.

   Right now, its set as follows:

ModemSetupAACmd:	AT+FCLASS=0
ModemAnswerCmd:		AT+FCLASS=1A

   I have some doubts as to +FCLASS=1A, but, hey, that's what the
config script suggests.

--
--dennis <mailto://dennis.favro@utoronto.ca>