[hylafax-users] Sending Smart SMS using sendpage?

Hi,

I tried to send smart SMS (the kind of SMS capable of transporting
ring tones and logos) to a mobile using sendpage. Despite the
manpage, which says that CR and LF (0x0D and 0x0A) characters
in the message are passed through unmodified - as any other
binary code -, the sendpage of hylafax-v4.0pl2 uses the
MESS command of SNPP for single-line messages, which are
delimited by a newline.

Even if I use the DATA SNPP command to send a multi-line message,
the server seems to strip away the CR/LF characters and to
concatenate the separate lines.

Is there any configuration option or SNPP command, which allows
multi-line SMS passed through unmodified?

Thanks in advance and best whishes for the new year!

--
Stefan Stapelberg EDV     Fon: +49.6221.803.802      RENT-A-GURU (TM)
<stefan@rent-a-guru.de>   Fax: +49.6221.803.899      Neuer Weg 16