Re: [hylafax-users] waiting for modem to come ready

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000 19:54:04 -0600, you wrote:

>following default modem init strings in the class1 config file aren't
>even right!
>ModemNoFlowCmd:  AT&K  # disable flow control cmd
>ModemHardFlowCmd: AT&K3  # hardware flow control cmd
>ModemSoftFlowCmd: AT&K4  # software flow control cmd
>
>These lines should be referencing the AT&I command, not &K (this
>controls compression, not flow control).  I don't know if these errors

The above commands should be ok for the 99% of class1 modems (they are
ok for my rockwell and topic chipset based class1 modems). I think you
have a non-standard modem.
If so, you can open a bugzilla entry, writing make and model of you
modem, and the right "at" commands for it.

Seeing "waiting for modem to come ready" in a send only environment (no
faxgetty) is normal behavior; the problems you had, as you said, were
the errors in the log.

--
giulioo@pobox.com