[hylafax-users] Help: Cannot Build/Run Hylafax on OpenBSD

   I'm having real trouble getting HylaFAX (either 4.0pl2, which is
the current version in the OpenBSD ports tree) or 4.1beta2 (built
from sources) to work in OpenBSD 2.8.

   Problems with each version as follows:

4.0pl2 (OpenBSD Ports Collection)
=================================
-Builds ok if I edit configure and force a check for TIFF v3.5 instead of 3.4.
-Runs faxsetup with no trouble
-faxaddmodem lights up the modem's CS, TR, SD and RD lights (USR
Courier v.Everything, USR Sportster v32, USR Sporter v34 -- tried all
three) and freezes the modem if I select cua00 as the port
-faxaddmodem can run if I set the port to tty00, but doesn't work at
all in operation -- I get modem wedged errors.

   These modems work fine using FreeBSD or Linux and (nearly) the same
configuration.  They also work fine when used for PPP or
direct-dialing with Minicom or cu (assuming I use cua00 -- tty00
doesn't work)

4.1beta2
========
-Can't build with OpenBSD's native make
-Can build with gmake, but faxq isn't installed.

   I'm sort of at the end of my rope here.  Anyone /EVER/ get HylaFAX
working on OpenBSD?
--
--dennis <mailto://dennis.favro@utoronto.ca>