Re: [hylafax-users] Attachments From Netscape(OUTGOING)

At 10:19 AM 12/13/00 +0530, manish ved wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there anything available to convert the outgoing faxes to be sent as
>attachments from browser like Netscape.

You mean as e-mail attachments?  Yes, see:
http://www.hylafax.org/howto/faxing.php#ss5.4
both faxmail and procmail can process faxes by email attachment.  I use the
procmail method, myself.  But, I have a printer-faxing client that does all
of the work, and it sends the e-mail for me.

>I have looked at the options of faxrcvd and faxrcvd-mail but this
>supports only the incoming faxes and converts into jpeg/pnm formats.

Well, the faxrcvd-mail options that are on the HOWTO are TIFF/PDF/PS and
not jpeg/pnm, but you've got the idea, and I suppose that they could be
changed to support jpeg/pnm if somebody was silly enough.

>Is there anything available for converting the outgoing faxes so that my
>
>outgoing faxes can go as html &/or jpeg /png which will be recognised by
>
>the other side of fax machine.

You want to fax an html document or jpeg/png pictures?  Well, you need to
convert them somehow into a format that HylaFAX can utilize, like
PostScript.  AFAIK, Ghostscript doesn't have html2ps, jpeg2ps, or png2ps -
and I can't say that I blame them.  It wouldn't surprise me, though, if you
can find such things from some other place.