[hylafax-users] newbie Qs for hylafax4.0 for sparc

Hi Guys,

I'm *trying* to use hylafax 4.0 on an Ultra 5 with Solaris 8.

I have the libtiff 3.4beta037 package installed.

After running faxsetup it detects my US Robotics 56k modem on /dev/term/b OK and
when I do a 'faxstat -v' it says hylafax is running but then it says 'waiting
for modem to come up'. When I run 'sendfax -n -d [phone number here] [file]'
from the same machine it tells me that the job has been sent to the queue but
then nothing happens...ie the modem doesnt ring up or anything. I can see the
jobs in the queue and I can 'ftp localhost 4559' or 'telnet localhost 4559' but
thats it. The DCE-DTE baud rate is set to 38400 and flow control to RTSCTS.

Also, if I'm only sending faxes from the same machine the server process
(/opt/local/fax/lib/hfaxd -o 4557 -s 444) is running on I don't have to setup
any users in /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts right?

Thanks!

Sam.