Re: [hylafax-users] Problem with non-root use

At 01:10 PM 12/6/00 -0500, David Ronis wrote:

>I've posted this problem before, but now I've added some debugging
>code to faxQueueApp.c++ (after the errormessage is generated).  In
>short, the problem is that the TIFFOpen(outfile, "r") at line 1012 was
>failing, generating a "Could not reopen converted document to verify
>format" message when I sent a fax (with sendfax) as a normal user, but
>worked fine as root.
>
>I added some debugging code (appended below) to give a directory
>listing of the offending file as well as effective and real user and
>group ID's (which are the root or uucp respectively).
>
>I run faxq from /var/spool/fax with the -D flag and here's what I see:
>
>-rw-------   1 uucp     wheel           0 Dec  6 12:56 docq/doc25.cover;70
>PID=10 (0); GID=10 (0)
>

>The ID's and permissions are OK, but the file is empty!
>
>I'm running on an i685-linux-gnu box, and have upgraded to glibc-2.2
>and gs-6.50 (no change).  I also am using a freshly installed
>libtiff.so.3.5.5.
>
>Any suggestions?  This shouldn't be happening. (Could there be a
>problem with a SUID script?)

Given that nobody else is having this problem, I doubt that there is a
problem with the HylaFAX code in this regard.

Do you have the same problem when no coverpage is used?  That's the sendfax
-n option.
If there is no problem with no coverpage, then my guess is that you've got
some sort of problem with the coverpage template.  If it still has
problems, then my inclination would lead me to believe that there is still
some sort of libtiff or ghostscript problem or misconfiguration.