Re: [hylafax-users] In-bound FAX Detection Using DTMF

At 11:45 AM 12/5/00 -0800, Mark Rissman wrote:

>The HylaFAX product looks like it good do the job for me, but I have found
>nothing in the FAQs or documentation regarding my specific question on using
>DTMF detection.  I did see information regarding caller id and other
>detections.
>
>Any information would be greatly appreciated.

There have been a number of inquiries regarding this in the archives.  It
doesn't appear to be supported as-is by the HylaFAX source.  In other
words, you'd need to alter (enhance?) the HylaFAX code in order to support
this feature.

Honestly, if you know how to do it, I don't think that it would be a
difficult (long) procedure to catch those signals and then pass them to
faxrcvd, and then alter the faxrcvd script to alert the intended recipient
of the fax.