Re: [hylafax-users] faxstat return "NO STATUS (empty file)"

At 12:19 PM 11/25/00 +0800, Keith Tsao wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Our hylafax server has been running very well for the last 2
>months. But today it returns "NO STATUS (empty file)" buybut
>the server is running when we check for the status with
>faxstat.
>
>We have tried to restart the server but no help.
>And the file in /var/spool/fax/status/ttyS0 has zero byte.

delete /var/spool/fax/status/ttyS0 and then restart faxgetty (killall
faxgetty if it's respawning).

I haven't been able to identify the problem 100%, but I have noticed
instances when status/ttyS0 will become empty and then faxgetty cannot
update it due to some type of permissions problem.  Deleting it will allow
faxgetty to recreate the file on its own, with the permissions that it wants.