Re: [hylafax-users] Some problems in setup (maybe building?)

Best bet is to use the rpm. At this point, if possible, scrub the box,
reload RedHat 6.2, add the imap rpm from the cdrom and enable pop3 using
either linuxconf or uncomment it in /etc/inetd.conf, reboot and get:
ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/binary/linux/redhat/RPMS/i386/hylafax-4.1beta2-7rh6.i3
86.rpm

Also, before installing the rpm, upgrade your libtiff and libtiff-devel rpms
to 3.5.5-2 from:
http://www.hylafax.org/howto/install.php

In order to install the new rpms, you need to first do:
rpm -e libtiff-3.5.4-5.i386.rpm
rpm -e libtiff-devel-3.5.4-5.i386.rpm
and then
rpm -ivh libtiff-3.5.5-2.i386.rpm
rpm -ivh libtiff-devel-3.5.5-2.i386.rpm

and don't forget to load the mawk rpm from the cdrom as it is not installed
by default on RH6.2

best of luck.
clay