Re: [hylafax-users] Can't send fax (no dialog with the modem)

At 03:22 PM 11/14/00 +0100, Olivier Bornet wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm trying to install HylaFAX on a Linux Redhat 6.2 and a modem
>ELSA Microlink 56k basic.
>
>I have download the version 4.1beta2 and installed from sources.

Do you have a problem with the RPM or the src.rpm ?  RedHat package
management is controlled by RPM, and by ignoring available RPMs and heading
straight for the tarball is asking for trouble.

Anyway, you'll either need to downgrade your libtiff version to 3.4.x, or
you'll need to patch the source for libtiff-3.5.x
(http://www.hylafax.org/patches), or you'll need to get CVS source
(http://www.hylafax.org/cvs.php), or you'll need to use the src.rpm or the
binary RPM.

My recommendation: get the RPM and follow http://www.hylafax.org/howto

>After that, no change. Why is HylaFAX not sending the fax ?

Because you didn't follow the instructions on the website.  And therefore
HylaFAX is conflicting with your libtiff version.

Same as always, the website: http://www.hylafax.org