[hylafax-users] ASCII/PS to G3 format conversion problem

Dear,

I setup HylaFAX (latest version, compiled sources myself) on a RedHat Linux
6.2 machine (i386).
When I try to send an ASCII file using sendfax, a blank page arrives and a
warning is given: "WARNING: are you sure that this is a G3 fax file? Doesn't
seem to be..."
If I manually convert this ASCII file to a PS file using textfmt and send is
using sendfax, I get the same message.
If I then manually convert this PS file to a fax-file using ps2fax.gs, a I
get following error: "WARNING: file may be 'tiffg3' - TIFF file format is
*not* supported. Thus fax transmission will most probably fail".

What is wrong here?

PS. Ghostscript is installed: version GNU Ghostscript 5.50

Please help,
I'm really stuck and need to get the faxmachine working asap.
Thanks,
Dirk Versavel

Dirk Versavel                eBusiness Consulting BVBA
Tel/Fax: +32 (0)16/89.44.04      Wijgmaalsesteenweg 36
Mobile: +32 (0)478/50.54.05      3012 Wilsele - Leuven
mailto:dirk.versavel@pandora.be                Belgium