Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFax Inst Problems

Hi All:

Thanks for the tremendous responses.

Nick, Abrahamsen : Thanks for the pointer. I downloaded the version
suggested and installed the rpm.
Had to upgrade libtiff to 3.5.5-2 though.
The reason why I didnt do it earlier?? I did try to. Ver 4.0. But it
complained about needing some ghostscript fonts. when I tried to install
the ghostscript stuff it complained that it conflicted with the existing
stuff. So I decided I would complile one.

Darren: I did install the kernel-headers. Checked the links to the best
of my knowledge, but couldnt find anything wrong. checked /boot for the
links. Did exactly as was told in the Howto-kernel upgrade.

Just in case people are wondering "why the hell did he want to upgrade
the kernel instead of leaving the old one with the std RH installed
one?" Here's the answer. I have an parallel port zip drive which I
wanted to
connect it to the linux machine, just in case a need for backups arose
in future when I try to deploy this fax server for the general public
use. Now this zip drive driver needs a kernel > 2.2.14.

Jra: Thanks. I tried to go thro the kernel-Howto's and other docs but
couldnt find any refs. Sorry. BTW where to I get release docs?? Tried
looking for them on the linuxdoc.org site but couldnt find any links or
refs.

Anyway I guess now I will be bugging you all with my silly setup and
usage Q's.

Thank you all once again.

suri.