Re: [hylafax-users] 4.1beta2 (cvs20000604) and libtiff < 3.5

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000 10:57:33 -0400, you wrote:

>No, it's much more serious than that. You must have the new libtiff for that
>CVS snapshot to compile and run correctly.
Ok, aborted.

>I recommend you fetch the most recent CVS if you absolutely MUST compile from
>source (why ARE you slitting apart the .src.rpm anyway????). Read cvs.php -
>it's not hard!

When you cvs something you have to be lucky to cvs in the right day :-)
I've had some experiences with samba-TNG, ok that was meant to be in
flux...
If I knew the HylaFAX source I could do it, since I completely ignore
the inner workings I cannot do it. So I wait for someone ... :-) to cvs
it and tar.gz it.

I'm testing rh7beta5 (pinstripe) and I modified the spec file to adjust
and build on it following the new standards: new FHS macros, policies
for binaries stripping and man pages gzipping, no libgr, no more
ownership on /etc /usr....., rh style init script (OK/FAILED and
condrestart). Then I modified it to suit my needs: A4, no AFM links (I
read they are not needed anymore), configure not interactive, build as
unpriviledged user without any warning.

After I completed this stuff I just wanted to port it back on rh61, but
I understand I cannot do it.

--
giulioo@pobox.com