[hylafax-users] Modem setup

After running the modem probe,

When I am asked for what serial port the modem is connected to, I say tty.
Is this correct?

Once finished probing this message appears:

Unable to deduce DTE-DCE speed; check that you are using the correct device
and /or that your modem is setup properly. If all else fails, try the -s
option to lock the speed.

My ppp dial up is working correctly and all seems well with the modem in
linux.

I am using a 3Com US Robotics 56k voice Fax modem.

Is there any documentation that can help through the process of faxsetup as
I do not understand half the questions asked?

Regards,

Gregg