Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax Inst problems

At 02:45 PM 8/24/2000 Surya N. Viriyala sez:
>Hello All,
>
>Newbie here. Trying to install and use hylafax. Cant compile one.
>My config:
>
>P-II 266 MHz, 64 MB RAM , 4GB HDD, 3com net card & US Robotics Sportstar 33.6
>Modem
>RH linux 6.1 Kernel 2.2.16-3
>tiff 3.4
>Ghostscript 5.10
>Ghostview 3.5.8
>gcc 2.91
>libg++ 2.72

You need a newer tiff. 3.5.something is current. You can use the lastest
ghostscript if you like too. Suggestion, use the RPM. In general this makes
upgrading software much easier. You might want to operate that USR modem as
class 1 until you are able to get a good config file for class 2.0. I
believe this does work though.

Paul Franz

PAF Consulting Engineers       |  427 - 140th Ave NE
(425)641-8202 voice            |  Bellevue, WA 98005
(801)749-8480 fax              |  <http://blackdog.bellevue.wa.us/>