Re: [hylafax-users] [hylafax-devel] Re: config/usr-2.0

>That's not true even for beta 4.1 -- Class2CQQueryCmd is used there.

Alas, you are right.  Why did mine have it different...?  Well, since I
erased it, I guess that I'll never know.  Maybe I was just seeing things.

>Very bad idea. AT+FCQ? returns current *state* of CQ checking, while
>AT+FCQ=? returns possible *range* (what hylafax expects)

The only reason that I mentioned this was because AT+FCQ=? on a USR returns
(0-2),(0-2), yet when you attempt anything other than AT+FCQ=0 or
AT+FCQ=0,0 you get ERROR.  So, it's lying about its CQ ability.  That's why
it's important to use !(0),(0) for Class2CQQueryCmd.  Since the USR will
accept AT+FCQ=0 I had presumed that using AT+FCQ? for Class2CQQueryCmd
would be functional since in effect it's saying, "the current state is the
only possible state".  I agree with you, though.  Better to use !(0),(0).

>> Note that the manpage for config omits Class2CQQueryCmd from the Class2.0
>> list.  It's also missing another one... I can't remember which right now.
>
>That's also not true. It's listed under
>
>CLASS 2 AND 2.0 MODEM CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS
>    The following parameters are specific to the configuration
>    of Class 2- and Class 2.0-style modems:
>
>Class2CQQueryCmd has the same default value both in Class2 and in Class2.0
>so it's listed only once (Class2.0 is a "submode" of Class2 from Sam's point
>of view).

Yes, but it's not listed at the beginning in the Class 2.0 list.  It is
listed under the Class 2 and 2.0 list where a bigger description is used,
but it's not listed in that previous list that comes right at the first of
the manpage.

>I don't see any difference with the stock config (99% of your Modem* and
>Class* parameters are redundant and so should be wiped out).

Yes, they should be.  I've left them there for possible future alterations.
 When diagnosing a problem it's difficult to know what the possible
problems are if all of the settings are not listed in one place.  That's
why I left everything there.  True that the non-default settings are the
only ones needed.

>Alas, no config file can make all USR modems reliably work in Class
>2.0. What's why almost all commercial fax software switches them to Class1
>mode.

I can't change USR, but I'm just trying to help in what I can.  If I could
get my hands on one of these unreliable modems I'd like to see the problem
first-hand.  I've noticed that commercial software doesn't always make an
effort to go beyond the necessary, so it's no surprise that they simply
disable Class 2.0 altogether.

Lee.