[hylafax-users] Re: Viewer for ms-windows

Bernd Proissl wrote:

> this is from readme.txt from my gsview version (it has no registration fee,
> AFAIK
> there are at least two different liceneced versions of gsview)
>
> ----[snip]---------
> The latest version of GSview should be available from
>   ftp://ftp.cs.wisc.edu/ghost/rjl/gsview*.zip
> ----[snip]---------
>
> ----[snip]---------
> Copyright, Licensing and Donations
> ==================================
> GSview is copyright by Russell Lang.
> GSview is distributed with the GSview Free Public Licence.
> This licence is contained in the file LICENCE.
> The GSview Free Public Licence does not require any payment to the author;
> however the author would welcome any donations to cover costs and time
> involved in developing and maintaining GSview.  These may be sent to
>
> Bernd

thanks for your hints. Finally the link ftp://ftp.cs.wisc.edu/ghost/rjl/
worked but the file was absent. Scanning the filename gsview.zip
I found another version (dated 1996) which didn't need a registration fee
and made the task.

I assume only newer versions need a registration fee.

Michael