[hylafax-users] Re: Flexfax FreeBSD Port Still not fixed

On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 06:41:38PM +0200, Michael Lyngbøl wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 05:46:16PM +0200, Christophe Prevotaux wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone knows if the Hylafax FreeBSD port will be updated
> > anytime soon ? I already asked a while ago but got no answer.
>
> As far as I remember this package has no maintainer, so I suppose it
> will remain marked "FORBIDDEN" until somebody fixes it.

Actually, not quite true - it's going to be dropped soon unless somebody
fixes it, according to a message about 3 weeks ago (on -ports).

Which would be a shame.

> I've been thinking about commiting 4.1b2 to the port-collection (to
> replace 4.0) as this version works with FreeBSD (4.0-STABLE)

Hmm. FreeBSD ports collection is up to libtiff-3.5.5 last I looked,
and the tiff3.5-interfaces patch wasn't part of 4.1b2, according
to the HylaFAX patches page?

If the latter is true, 4.1b2 on a "clean" build will break in the
same way as 4.0 did when libtiff went to 3.5...

Otherwise I'd have already done this myself ;-)

I've been meaning to look at the CVS source (only glanced so far)
with a view to fixing the other concerns that the FreeBSD ports/audit
team had (use of snprintf, strncpy, mkstemp etc.)

I personally feel that HylaFAX can only benefit from some security
work.

Cheers,

AS