Re: Design for a portable Java hylafax clients: i want your opinions, please!

Ulrich Eckhardt <Ulrich.Eckhardt@transcom.de> writes:

> > Does anybody know a free printer driver which can produce TIFF files from
> > the printout of an application?
>
> Probably here we should do it on the HylaFAX side, so that HylaFAX
> stores all as tiff. This would help on other Clients like WHFC too.

As I explained to Bernd, Hylafax already can handle TIFF files
transparently. Just submit TIFF to the server instead of Postscript. It
will be even automatically reencoded if compression method/resolution
differ from expected values.

BTW, I think using TIFF printer driver on Windows should preferable choice,
because Ghostscript's rasterization quality for "Normal" resolution is not
acceptable. Can WHFC work with such driver?

Hope to hear from you soon,
Dmitry

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions