Re: Hylafax and RedHat 6.2 ?

RedHat 6.2 comes default with libtiff 3.5.x.  Currently the only available
HylaFAX RPMs are not compatible with libtiff 3.5.x and you must downgrade
your libtiff version to 3.4.x which is available by download from RedHat or
on the RH 6.1 CD.  There are some patches available on
http://www.hylafax.org/patches that claim to resolve the issue, but I have
not tried them.

Lee Howard

At 02:06 PM 4/27/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Dear All,
>
>You each posted recently on a problem with Hylafax and RedHat 6.1/6.2.
>
>I have just installed the hylafax 4.1beta1 RPM for hylafax on Redhat 6.2
(fresh install).
>When I tried to use sendfax the fax just sits in the send queue and the
faxq process
>seems to take up large CPU usage from there on (looking using top).
>
>Also if I try to receive a fax the remote TSI is detected and page recpetion
>begins (according to /var/spool/fax/log/c0000764 log file). But the log stops
>there and faxgetty takes up a constant high CPU percentage.
>
>I tried building the beta 2 hylfax tar file (from Hylafax.org) but the
>./configure fails when checking the Tiff library.
>
>Any advice ? Or am I going to have to re-install RedHat6.0.
>
>I am mainly using this machine for fax protocol testing of GSM
>terminals we are developing and some web front-ends to tools
>we use here.
>
>Regards,
>
>Gurj
>
>------configuration info------->
>
>AMD K6 300Mhz
>96MB RAM
>USR 56K Voice/fax modem on /dev/ttyS0
>Clean RedHat6.2 install from iso image based CDR (custom install, though
most packages)

>Past configuration and usage experience on Redhat 4.0-6.0.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions