faxcover.ps help postscript programming

Does anybody out there know postscript programming well?  I need some help
modifying the faxcover.ps file.  My goal was to remove the default Silicon
Graphics logo and replace it with mine.  I reviewed the HylaFAX FAQ
regarding the fax cover template but each suggestion sounded just about as
intricate as what I did.

The logo information for the Silicon Graphics logo was easy to remove.  I
used MS Word to print my logo to a postscript file.  I then removed all
unneccesary code from that created postscript file (as MS loves to generate
useless code) by removing code that didn't cause the viewer to show the
image improperly.  I then put the prolog and setup sections of the
generated ps file at the beginning of the faxcover.ps file and then I put
the bitmap section nearly at the end.  I've gotten the bitmap and all of
the fields to appear properly, except for the inserted comment text.

If I place the bitmap information before the line: "rule stringwidth pop 29
x y comments BreakIntoLines" then the bitmap appears but all of the comment
text is drawn upside-down and backwards inside the bitmap area.  If I place
the bitmap after that program line, then the bitmap doesn't appear at all.

I don't know anything really about postscript code, only enough to do what
I've done so far (which isn't specific to postscript at all).  Could
someone help me get the bitmap showing and the comment text showing
properly?  The bitmap info makes the faxcover.ps file too big to attach and
be processed by the mailing list server, but I have uploaded it to my http
server at: http://server.deanox.com/faxcover.ps so that anyone able to help
could view it.

Fixing this will be highly useful as it becomes very easy to change the
logo on the fax template simply by replacing the bitmap code with
postscript bitmap code for the desired logo... making logo customization of
the coverpage quite simple (especially compared to some of the FAQ answers).

Thanks.

Lee Howard

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions