Re: MSword attachments

On Sun, Apr 09, 2000 at 08:57:31PM +0100, David Woolley wrote:
>> There have been periodic requests for support for .doc file in the
>> Hylafax, fax to mail gateway. I have just found a utility which does a
>> .doc to ps converssion,  its not perfect (yet) but if does work well

I've always wondered why anybody would want to take the *.doc files
directly from word, rather than just configuring M$Word to send the faxes
out as PostScript(tm) documents.  There are a few Microsoft proprietary
oddities in the PS output which change from release to release, but these
are readily handled with an appropriate sed script or perl program to
sanitize them if ghostscript hasn't already.

E-mailing microsoft .doc formats is incredibly inefficient, even compared
to e-mailing PostScript (easy yes, but dumb).

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.

``During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes
a revolutionary act.''  --George Orwell

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions