Re: MSword attachments

> There have been periodic requests for support for .doc file in the
> Hylafax, fax to mail gateway. I have just found a utility which does a
> .doc to ps converssion,  its not perfect (yet) but if does work well

One problem you will have in doing this is that the latest file format
specifications for MS-Word are proprietory information which are only
made available to developers (in the MSDN) on the condition that they
are only used for software on Microsoft platforms (and then, not to produce
a competing word processor).  My guess is that this is to prevent
Star Office from working with the latest version, but it also means that
you cannot legally create Unix software to format Word documents, except,
possibly, by relying on the EEC's limited permissions to reverse engineer
(which, incidentally, don't allow publication, of the interface, so
probably don't allow open source).

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions