Re: Postscript error faxing PDF-files

David Woolley schrieb:

> > side i have tested the recommended Apple Laserwriter and an ADOBE
> > printer to deliver the postscript files. All went well except one (until
>
> Most users of Hylafax can't legally use the Adobe printer driver; please
> check the licensing conditions carefully.

I have only see limitations on some countries for the printer driver but
that's not the problem. I prefer using the Apple Laserwriter printer
driver anyway.

> > now) PDF-file which generates the following errors :
>
> The Unix, at least, versions of Acrobat, and ghostscript, on all
> platforms, translate direct from PDF to Postscript, without using
> native Postscript print drivers.
>
> > > Last OS error: 2
> > > Current file position is 91
>
> This is so near the start of the file that it should be easy to
> locate exactly what caused the problem.
>
> > > Enter PostScript commands.  '(filename) run' runs a file, 'quit' exits.
> > > Enter PostScript commands.  '(filename) run' runs a file, 'quit' exits.
>
> I think there is a problem at the beginning of the file here.
>
> Note that ghostscript can go direct from PDF to TIFF G3 fax, as PDF is
> a simplified form of Postscript, with compression and page navigation
> features added.

That's what i have problems with. I think that the malformed PDF-file is
the problem and i like to "convert" it to clean postscript before
sending it to hylafax on the LINUX-box to be independent from PDF
trouble.

Would be nice to hear you again

Andreas

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions