Re: How stable is Hylafax 4.1 beta2 ?

Hello Bernd,

Thanks for your information ;-)

> > The source is distributed on the Suse CD's.

> suse 6.2 comes with the sources for beta2? i don't think so. can
> you please verify this?

Suse 6.2 comes with the binary and source of Hylafax 4.0pl2-75 (look in
serie zq for the source).

Suse 6.3 comes with the binary of Hylafax 4.1beta2-4 (I do not know where
that "4" stands for, maybe there are already patches inside?), and I *think*
also with that sourcecode, but I cannot check it because my CD is lend out,
but I can check it later for you if you want. Further I found this source:
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/6.3/full-names/src/hylafax-4.1beta2-18.src.
rpm.

Suse 6.4 (CD version) seems to come without the Hylafax binary (seems to be
a bug), I don't know about the source. But I saw on Suse's website a new
Hylafax binary to download (date 31-3-2000). Look here:
http://www.suse.de/de/support/download/updates/64_update.php. Further I saw
a new faxgateway called Printfax with a windows client (respond.exe) on Suse
6.4. It works with Hylafax and Sendfax over Samba. Look here for more info:
http://www.suse.de/en/produkte/susesoft/linux/new_in_64.php.

> > > or get yourself a recommend modem,
> > > currently i use an elsa microlink basic 56k in class 2.0 with
> > > config file from elsa homepage.
> > > no real problems (plain beta2, no patches applied)
> > > multitech should also be a good choice.

The Zyxel U-1496E is a "recommend modem", does that mean that Hylafax will
work fine for me even without Dmitry's patch? And will that be the same with
a Zyxel 2864I (also a "recommend modem")?

Bye,
Paul van der Vlis

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions