HylaFax or WHFC issue?

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to HylaFax and the idea of a networkable fax machine (so to speak),
I have got most things running fine, but I have one issue that I'm finding
pretty tricky to solve.

In WHFC on a Win95 box, I can send faxes and so on, but I can not look at
faxes that come into the HylaFax server.  There isn't any useful error info
in the log files either.  I've checked the permissions, I've also set
"RecvFileMode: 0644"  -- in /etc/hylafax/config and config.ttyS0, so I dont
see how it can be a permission problem.

What happens is I load WHFC, click on the "R" icon up the top, and then I
can select a fax, so I do that, then I press the "View Fax" button, it will
open tiffview, but there wont be any image of a fax there, jut a blank white
box where the fax should be.

Just as an experiment I set up Samba on the Linux box and shared the
/var/spool/fax/recvq directory, and then used tiffview to look at the
fax file, which it did, and it displayed the fax.  That lead to another
issue though, which was when I went to print, it came up with an Illigal
Operation.  Help!!

Any suggestions on how to fix these issues anyone?

Regards,
Robert Davidson.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions