Re: Modems that you can ACTUALLY GET that work well with Hylafax?

Thanks; found that, they wanted a bit more for them ($114) but that's still
quite reasonable.  Considering that there are several "these are ok"
folks out there and its recommended I'll grab a half-dozen and see how they
work for me ;-)

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net)  Web: http://childrens-justice.org
Isn't it time we started putting KIDS first?  See the above URL for
a plan to do exactly that!

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 12:39:00PM -0500, Kip Cranford wrote:

> I just ordered a Multi-Tech MT2834ZDXb (33.6, class 2) for use with
> HylaFax, to replace a USR 56K that sucked.  It's been rock solid so far,
> and I have no complaints.
>
> I got it for $99US at www.pcconnection.com.  They had plenty in stock,
> and for an extra $14US I had it shipped in less than 24 hours.
>
> --kip
>

> On: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:22:03 CST
> Karl Denninger wrote:
> >Hi folks,
> >
> >The "modem guide" on the Hylafax page is HORRIBLY out of date.
> >
> >I need to get a passel of modems for my server here, and, well, finding
> >sources for these is problematic at best.
> >
> >Does anyone have updates to this and/or config files for newer Class 2
> >(or 2.0) modems that are actually reasonably-available on the market today?
> >
> >Any recommendations?
> >
> >I can run Class 1 with just about anything, but I know it'll get me in
> >trouble as the load rises, and I don't want to get in trouble.
> >
> >Makes/Models and SOURCES would be appreciated (eg: if CDW carries it
> >that's wonderful!)
> >
> >Thanks in advance!
> >
> >--
> >--
> >Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net)  Web: http://childrens-justice.org
> >Isn't it time we started putting KIDS first?  See the above URL for
> >a plan to do exactly that!

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions