Re: mgetty

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, [iso-8859-1] Frédéric Malenfant wrote:

> But, I tried to configure it to use "mgetty" instead of "getty".  So, in
> setup.cache I configured the gettypath to be /sbin/mgetty, but my log
> messages always say me that it is running "getty", not "mgetty".

> I want to use mgetty to connect to my system with a ppp connection, with the
> windows "dial-up networking" connection.

mgetty is it's own fax/modem handling system, and will displace HylaFAX
binaries such as "sendfax". Do not install it along with HylaFAX without
very, very careful review.

> Does someone has tried it and know how to do to make it work?

Use getty. Check my notes at http://cirl.meei.harvard.edu/hylafax/linux/
for more details.

			Nico Kadel-Garcia
			Senior Engineer, CIRL