Re: mgetty

Frédéric Malenfant wrote:

> I installed the rpm for RH61 and it works very fine for fax and getty
> connections.
>
> But, I tried to configure it to use "mgetty" instead of "getty".  So, in
> setup.cache I configured the gettypath to be /sbin/mgetty, but my log
> messages always say me that it is running "getty", not "mgetty".

"gettypath"?  All I see in there is PATHGETTY.  What I did was leave
setup.cache alone, and set up the symlink /etc/hylafax/getty-link (which
is what my PATHGETTY is set to in setup.cache) to point to
/sbin/mgetty.  That was what (some) documentation told me to do. Sorry,
but I actually don't know where this is documented.  I don't see it in
the FAQ or manpages.

BTW, on my Debian system /etc/hylafax is a symlink pointing to
/var/spool/fax/etc, because that's the way Debian does it; it might be
different in RedHat.  Just be sure PATHGETTY is pointing to the place
where you have your getty-link; maybe RedHat messed this up?

Also, in my config.ttyS1, I have:

GettyArgs:  "-r -b -s %s %l"

This actually is documented in man 5 config.

Hope that helps...
[cut]

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions