WHFC / Hylafax thru an IPMASQ

I thought I was almost home free (the modem I'm using is squishing sent
faxes, so I've ordered a Multi-Tech MT2834ZPXB - should be here today -
can't believe what we paid for a 33.6 fax modem, but if it fixes the
squishies, I'll be a happy guy).

I tested WHFC on a notebook from my office, it sent faxes, so I brought the
notebook to our client's office & plugged it in.  WHFC sees Hylafax, it
reports the correct version of Hylafax (Hylafax-4.1beta1-1rh6.i386), and
locks up.

Only way to unlock WHFC is to do a ctrl-alt-del, endtask.  Exact same thing
happens on Win98, NT 4.0 & Windows 2000 computers.  The only explanation I
can think of is the fact that the client's computers are behind a Linux box
running IP Masq.  I've added the private IP network to
/var/spool/fax/etc/hosts thinking, that somehow the machines were reporting
their IP address to WHFC, that didn't change anything.   Our client uses 6
of our Class C addresses, so that network is already included in
/var/spool/fax/etc/hosts

It seems to me that it must be an issue with IP Masq.  Anyone have an idea
of what we can do to remedy this situation?  Is there a WHFC mailing list?

TIA

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions