mac print driver

After struggling with Hylafax for several months now I am giving up. My
problems which are still unresolved include:

- unreliability with any modem I can source in Australia. I have tried
Maestro, Avtec, KTC, Multitech and several others I cannot remember.
Problems range from phase B errors to just not answering incoming calls. I
have tried Class 1 and 2.

- faxgetty hangs whenever an incoming fax fails

- the Mac clients are reasonably hopeless.

I have tried several revisions of Hylafax, lots of different config options,
etc.

The above is just to let you all know I have tried hard and failed. Many
others seem to have had few problems. It is probably just my selection of
available modems.

Anyhow, I did make some headway in creating a Mac postscript printer driver.
if anyone wishes to pursue this option, please email me (privately, I am now
unsubscribed). I can send you all the documentation and the driver I started
work on. Perhaps you might have better luck.

I am going to return to Communigate (Mac OS) which works well with all the
above modems, although does not offer half the flexibility of Hylafax.

Cheers
Ari Maniatis

ish group pty ltd
7 Darghan St Glebe 2037 Australia
phone +61 2 9660 1400   fax +61 2 9660 7400
email info@ish.com.au
PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2  A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions