Re: No answer from remote

Hello,
	set my clock back to 1999 in BIOS to see if that helped.  It didn't.  I
pick up the receiver and listen in to my modem.  It's strange.  I get
two variants
1)	Modem dials.  Dialing stops. Long pause while my modem beeps.
Busy signal.  /var/log/messages shows busy signal.  Normal.
2)	The other end answers.  My modem is not beeping.  Their modem starts
making noise.  My modem is silent.  And I never can seem to manage to get the
chance to hear my modem dial and the other end answer.  It's like my modem
knows I'm trying to catch him.
	I don't understand why everything was working.
Now it's not.

George
--
My personal website