PS2PDF Problems with faxrcvd

Hi everyone,

I'm having problems executing ps2pdf from the faxrcvd script.  I would
really like to have the faxes that get e-mailed to the FaxMaster be in PDF
format, especially since Adobe Acrobat Reader is very common on desktop
machines and allows for PDF files to be opened and printed rather easily.
So I want PDF.

The problem is that when I run /usr/local/bin/ps2pdf from the faxrcvd
script, it doesn't convert the ps file to a pdf file.  The exact same
procedure does work on command line however.  ps2pdf is chmod 755, owned
by root, and in the wheel group.  This is a FreeBSD 3.2 box.

I redirected the output (stderr and stdout) to a file, on the execution
line of ps2pdf in my faxrcvd script, and the output file is blank.  No pdf
file is produced, however the ps file exists and the pdf file can be
produced if I do the same procedure via command line.  I did a "whoami" in
the script and checked the output of that, so I now believe that ps2pdf is
executed by the uucp user, I think this has something to do with it, I'm
just not sure what.

Has anyone had any luck with this?  Perhaps someone could post their
script that performs similar effect or perhaps someone could give me some
more hints to find out why I can't output PDF files?

Thanks much,

mohan

 |    ||   |||  ||         r a z o r f i s h , new york

 mohan khurana
        [ junior systems administrator ]

 >> tel +1.212.966.5960
 >> http://fish.razorfish.com/mohan