Re: HylaFax (faxgetty) falls over again

Ari,

You're right of course about the beta kernels - but the problem first  manifested itself under 2.2.6 before I became a crazed kernel upgrader - so I'm looking for help to narrow down the area of failure.

My reason for upgrading to 2.2.14 was to see if it cured a problem I was having with another program - diald.  It didn't.  There is a bug in either this software or pppd which means it does not work properly on my Mac (through ttyS0 at least) without changes to the code.  I have, with help, found a fix for this.  I'm wondering whether Hylafax is equally Mac averse - and no, I won't buy a Wintel box :-)

  Iain

On Sun, Jan 2, 2000, 11:24:40 pm GMT Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

>Living on the edge.... if you want to run beta (even version number) Linux
>kernels, things are not always going to work right.
>
>You probably should go to the latest kernel beta release which is now
>2.2.14
>pre 18. Maybe something there will help.
>
>Most of us have configuration, modem or functionality issues with hylafax
>of
>some sort (that's why we are on this list!), but for the most part I believe
>the latest releases are quite stable.
>
>Ari
>
>on 3/1/2000 9:11 am, Iain Stevenson at iain@iainstevenson.com wrote:
>
>> My system is
>>
>> - PowerMac 9600/200
>> - Yellow Dog Linux (Red Hat) with kernel upgraded to 2.2.14 pre 17
>> - Hylafax 4.1beta2
>> - Multitech modem running solely for fax on ttyS1

>ish group pty ltd
>7 Darghan St Glebe 2037 Australia
>phone +61 2 9660 1400   fax +61 2 9660 7400
>email info@ish.com.au
>PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2  A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions