Re: Edit and resend received Facsimiles? (Aspect ratio problem)

> It seems it's twice the width the editors expect to be A4-form-size.

That's because 640 by 480 is nominally 72 dpi, 800 x 600 is nominally
96 dpi and 1024 x 768  is nominally 120 dpi, but faxes are 204 dpi
(horizotally, and 98 or 196 vertically).

> What can I do to "shrink" the file to a correct aspect ratio that fits the
> DIN-A4-form-factor in the editors?

Don't shrink it, as you will lose information; use an editor, such as GIMP
(or most other photo retouching editors) that has a zoom mode.  I'm not sure
if GIMP understands TIFF containing G3 Fax.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions