Edit and resend received Facsimiles? (Aspect ratio problem)

Hello!

I have a little problem with the size of received faxes. I want to edit
them and then send it back to the sender.

The problem is, that they are MUCH too wide when I load them into an
Editor like MS-Paint or Corel-Draw or whatever.

When I say "new" and choose A4-form I get a white screen which is 850
pixels wide. The received faxes are about 1700 pixel wide.

It seems it's twice the width the editors expect to be A4-form-size.

Then I tried to convert the 1700 pixel wide TIFF to a 850 pixel wide
TIFF/GIF/JPEG/whatever using the "convert" tool from ImageMagick.

But it failed, it does something, but when I load the converted file into
the editor it's still 1700 pixels wide.

What can I do to "shrink" the file to a correct aspect ratio that fits the
DIN-A4-form-factor in the editors?

Joerg

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions