faxygetty and faxmodem

I am looking into setting up a system to be used for the following:

	The ability to send faxes by e-mail and by printing from a windows
	or mac machine.

	The ability to receive faxes that will all get forwarded to a
	particular e-mail address.

I want to make sure I understand the docs well before I take the plunge
into the configuration of HylaFax.  One item that I am a bit confused
about is the inbound/outbound setup of HylaFax.

The documentation says that faxmodem is to be used for only setups that
involve only outbound faxes.  I am guessing that this means that I do not
want to use faxmodem.  Since I will want HylaFax to not only send, but
also to receive faxes, I am guessing that I will need to follow the
setup instructions for configuration with faxgetty and I will not need to
run the faxmodem command at all, am I correct?  What I am asking is:  if I
use faxgetty to control access to the modem, I will not need to use
faxmodem, right?

Okay, I have another question for you experts: :)

The current setup I will have will utilize one analog line, and one modem,
so when HylaFax is not busy sending a fax, it can receive a fax.  I do,
however, anticipate increasing traffic on that analog line.  As a result
of that, I would eventually like to add another modem and analog line to
the mix and have one modem used for outgoing faxes and one used for
incoming faxes.  What's involved in migrating from one modem to two
modems?  Would I still be using faxgetty and NOT be using
faxmodem?

Wait, one more question (ugh, sorry for all these questions, I just want
to make sure I understand everything): :)

I am currently using a USR V. everything courier modem.  It supports class
1 and 2.0, but not 2, is that a big deal in the world of faxing?

Thanks so much for your help!

mohan

 |    ||   |||  ||         r a z o r f i s h , new york

 mohan khurana
        [ junior systems administrator ]

 >> tel +1.212.966.5960
 >> http://fish.razorfish.com/mohan